Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
hls hls is offline

Default How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
Here's what I remember from building the "Visible V-8" model when I was
a kid: intake, compression, combustion (power), exhaust. I count power
on every fourth stroke.

Yes, what I said was somewhat misleading. On a two stroke cycle, you get
a power stroke on every stroke. There is a power stroke integrated with
an exhaust stroke (going down) and intake and compression integrated
on the upward stroke. But these are two strokes...down and up.
On a four stroke cycle, you have two downward strokes and two
upward strokes, only only one of which is a power stroke.

So for one revolution of a two stroke, you get a power stroke: for two
revolutions of a four stroke cycle, you get a power stroke.