Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrically boobie-trapping an aluminum sash window

On 10/24/2010 2:05 PM, jeff_wisnia wrote:
wrote:

Has anyone done this before ? Id like to do this to two windows on
the backside of my house which is ideal to break into since I back up
to a dark forest. Have had problems with the next door neighbor
vandalizing on a small scale but its escalating. SInce the aluminum
sash is surrounded by non conducting wood and vinyl siding, Im hoping
it is as simple as bringing the hot of a 115 v. outlet to the sash and
fastening it tightly down. I live by myself so theres no concern for
others getting accidentally shocked. The house is in FLorida which
just passed new laws in October saying essentially, that, homeowners
dont need to retreat and can stand their ground with a person breaking
in. Tips please on using this method ? Thanks.

I think the second word in your subject line should be spelled booby.

According to SWMBO, boobie trapping is something acomplished by a
too-tight bra. G

Jeff

I think the legal term is "man trap" but that could also describe
boobies as well. 8-)

TDD