Posted to rec.woodworking

Default cabinet shelves options

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 09:30:13 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Oct 24, 11:48*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 08:11:55 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

wrote:
On Oct 24, 9:48*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I'm ashamed at Robin for the Festering price of that thing, when a
piece of pegboard works just fine. *:/

A handsaw will do everything a Makita track saw will do too.... as a
matter of speaking.
Not as well, mind you, but it will.

So it is with any home-made drilling jigs. Seldom do they work out
well and 120 bucks spread out over a whole kitchen is a drop in the
bucket. The device is very well made, sturdy and accurate and there is
no way *I* could make one for less money. *I* think it is a bargain.

You're retired now, so you can't count your time. *You could build it
for less.

Retired, eh? I was at a Vectric (CNC software) User Group meeting in
Guelph, ON, Saturday and ran into a couple of my sign material
suppliers. One reminded me that my sheets of Extira would show up this
Wed, the other that the Alu-Cor sheets for Asanté outdoor signs would
be here tomorrow.... retired, yup.. oh, and the downtown reno is
really picking up steam. Roofers and painters starting tomorrow, need
me some permits, then I get to decide if I want to build 28 diner
tables, square and rectangular slabs on iron pedestal legs.... done
that before. LOT of spray contact cement or vacuum forming 1/4"
Corian, which means I need to go out of town to an oven I can use...
kid backed into a truck with her Mazda. need some quotes for body
work.... wifey would like a new front door with a screen door that has
those super cool roll-up hidaway screens.. *I* didn't want a screen
door on the front, but DOG has more to say than I....retired...yup....

Yeah, you sold the business and retired. Now everyone you know (and
many you don't yet know) has projects for you. Y'know, since you have
all the time in the world to do 'em. Retirement AIN'T for sissies.

The sturdiness of the jigs also comes into play when drilling into
panels with a course grain.

Of course it's coarse.

C-Less The Librarian strikes again! G

My inner English Teacher made me do it.

Even a vix bit will wander under those conditions.

Not by much, though.

Enough to bother me. I do like them for entry door hinge mounting
though.

Yeah, they work great there.

--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,
hoping it will eat him last.