Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT Dish Network

On Oct 24, 2:58*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
I live in Du Quoin, IL and with a tower and good antenna I can get broadcast
channels from St Louis and should be able to reach Paducah. *I was just
wondering with the Digital TV would it be worth putting up an antenna tower
and point one antenna toward St Louis, another toward Paducah, 2 antennas I
could switch between instead of a rotor. *At least it would seem I could get
a good selection of local channels. *It's been a long time since I used TV
antennas and not sure if there is much broadcasting going on or if they shut
transmitters down and work through cable and satellite. *For what they want
for a monthly payment for TV these days it seems a new tower and antennas
are a reasonable option.

3 months without TV and I'm still alive!!! *The Internet seems to have all
the local and worldwide news and I can access it anytime of day.

RogerN

Over The Air TV works fine for me. I receive Boston clearly from
southern NH on an old patched-up antenna from the 1980's, with a home-
made UHF dipole element replacing the storm-damaged original. It's two
6" long aluminum rods stuck into the ends of a plastic tubing
insulator. Most of the patching was replacing rusty rivets with
stainless steel screws.

I put a USB tuner on a $100 surplus PC running Media Center to make a
Digital Video Recorder.

jsw