Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default OT Dish Network

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 13:38:56 -0500, RogerN wrote:

"RogerN" wrote in message
"JR North" wrote in message
Prolly spiked the receiver. Do you have surge clamps on the system?
I know it's the principle with you, but you're investing considerable
negative energy in a nickel and dime problem. Is it really worth it?

I have one of the surge protection multiple outlet things that is supposed
to protect electronics, cable, and phone lines from surges.

I know it's not that big of a deal but if a company wants to keep
customers
they should not keep charging you after you asked for them to close your
account. It isn't enough $$$ to be worth going to court over but it isn't
right that I asked for the service to be stopped and they don't do it and
charge me for it. I'm not sure what they could do if I didn't pay, I
don't
have anything to prove I did call them though they probably have it on
their
records. What possible excuse could they have to keep charging me for
service after I told them my receiver wasn't working?

During the chat the rep asked me when I would like the service stopped, I
told him I wanted it stopped a month ago when I called and asked for it to
be stopped.

Just tell them you are not paying, tell the Credit Card company that you
cancelled and they still kept charging you. Dish will not do anything as
they would most likely be liable for damages and punitive damages if it
ever went to court.

As far as I know they don't have any credit card of mine on file.
Fortunately I didn't set up for them to charge it to my credit card, so when
I told them to discontinue my service and my balance was $0, I discontinued
my payments to them. They evidently didn't discontinue my service and I
didn't know until I got a bill for 2 months service, last month and next
month.

If I don't pay the balance due that I dispute, will it damage my credit
rating? I willingly paid one month of no service because I didn't get
around to calling them.

I dunno - what does your contract say?

Good Luck!
Rich