Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default measuring ampermeter meter internal resistance

"Paul Keinanen" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 21:28:15 -0700 (PDT), mynick
wrote:

want to shunt a multimeter to extend it's ac ampermeter range so
measured with Rish 14s

So good so far.

According to the link the voltage drop is 270 mV at 10 A current.
This should not be hard to calculate the internal resistor of the
multimeter based of this information :-)

in ohm meter position about 41 ohms
and then measured with Rish 14s its own internal resistance to get 40
ohms
Is this way to much -there is some mistake?

Those values do not make any sense for any realistic current meter
(except for some extremely low current applications).

(http://www.multimetercalibrationsaus...shmulti14s.pdf
but cannot find data about it's internal resistance!)

For your own safety, if the 10 Aac current range of the multimeter is
not enough, please consider using a current transformer for measuring
large 50/60 Hz currents.

And remember that with current transformers, the secondary must
_always_ be shorted or connected to a low impedance meter.

Oh my Gosh, you are really Stupid. Stop using internal resistance to expand
Amp meter Dumbass. It's not the way to do it ****er.

Your 0.270a to overcomde the accurancy of 10A? No wonder why you are too
Superdumb.

If you do the right thing, you can turn a 10A meter into 100A meter with
0.02% error.

Why should I tell you Superpower? You should know it if you are really what
you believe you are. Ok numbass?