Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Anyone Using Board Buddies?

On 10/24/10 12:28 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 12:04:38 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

Are any of you guys using Board Buddies on your table saw?

I've always been intrigued by these, because they provide both hold down
pressure and fence pressure without impeding forward motion.

Anyone actually have and use these? What's your opinion?

Not that particular brand. I bought a set of these:

http://woodworker.com/anti-kickback-...ssu-96974.asp?
search=kickback&searchmode=2

many years ago and use them all the time. I'm happy with them. The
pressure and angle of the wheels can be adjusted, the anti-kickback pawl
can be flipped over for use as a holddown only, and they can be reversed
(with a bit of work) to work on either side of a fence.

That said, they do occasionally get in the way of a push stick and wont
work on narrow stock. But those attributes seem to be common to all the
brands.

I really like those, especially the lateral adjustment. It doesn't look
like it would clamp to my Biesemeyer fence, however, it looks like they
could be bolted straight to it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)