Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Califbill Califbill is offline

Default OT Dish Network

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

"JR North" wrote in message
Prolly spiked the receiver. Do you have surge clamps on the system?
I know it's the principle with you, but you're investing considerable
negative energy in a nickel and dime problem. Is it really worth it?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

I have one of the surge protection multiple outlet things that is supposed
to protect electronics, cable, and phone lines from surges.

I know it's not that big of a deal but if a company wants to keep customers
they should not keep charging you after you asked for them to close your
account. It isn't enough $$$ to be worth going to court over but it isn't
right that I asked for the service to be stopped and they don't do it and
charge me for it. I'm not sure what they could do if I didn't pay, I don't
have anything to prove I did call them though they probably have it on their
records. What possible excuse could they have to keep charging me for
service after I told them my receiver wasn't working?

During the chat the rep asked me when I would like the service stopped, I
told him I wanted it stopped a month ago when I called and asked for it to
be stopped.

RogerN

Just tell them you are not paying, tell the Credit Card company that you
cancelled and they still kept charging you. Dish will not do anything as
they would most likely be liable for damages and punitive damages if it ever
went to court.