Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default Bathroom Question: Border or not?

"Bill" wrote in message
Hi all.

Am having my bathroom tiled this week. I've got all the tiles. Going
for large bumpy white tiles on the walls. Dark grey on the floor.

Was just wondering if it was worth having a border of mosaics. I had
them done last time and they were done badly.

Without a border is that going to look too clinical? I need to make a
bath panel and maybe that could be done with tiles instead to give
colour.

I know it's all subjective but I'm rubbish at choosing colours, etc.

Wondered what people have gone for in their bathrooms.

Thanks all.

Ed.

Some of our tiles have pictures on them to break up otherwise plain expanses
of wall. It works well especially as we can put real plants in the bathroom
that are similar to the ones depicted in the picture tiles. This is much
easier than doing a mosaic proper. But probably academic as you've already
bought the tiles. 'Bumpy' also means 'catches more dirt', but it's always a
trade off between fashion and practicality. Dark grey floor might also mean
more light will be needed.