Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT. New Wikileaks

On Oct 24, 1:03*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

*"HeyBub" wrote:

They are being detained under the president's Article II powers and, as
unlawful enemy combatants, fall into the same category as spies, saboteurs,
guerrillas, fifth-columnists, and the like. The usual rules of war permit
them to be executed forthwith.

* * This is one of the reasons why I get rather strange and vacant looks
from most people saying they should be treated under the terms of the
Geneva Convention when I agree wholeheartedly with them.
* * *It has been awhile so I may be wrong, but IIRC there is a part in
the GC that says it only applies to signatories and since most of the
insurgents, Taliban, AQ-ites, etc., are not signatories...
* * I also like to point out beheadings and other interesting ideas
about "interrogation" in that region and suggest the guys in Gitmo are
getting off much easier than they would if their governments got hold of
them.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
*---PJ O'Rourke

But the USA has signed up. And therefor must act to prevent these
goings on as the occupying power. When you invaded Iraq you took on
resonsibilities.