Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Another reason to hate CFLs ...

N_Cook wrote:
You can get your own back when you scrap them
one GE 11TBXT 3/827 10Y, 240V, 105mA CFL gave these "useful" bits
10R fusible R
2 x BU102 ?? high V, TO92
2.8uF, 400V, 105 deg F with nice long leads
30 V diac BLDB3 / DB3
high temp textile sleeving
4mH inductor
ferrite ring
2x 0.5R

How do you scrap them? The ones I have (and had in the past) were all encased
in some sort of ceramic, and to me they can only be taken apart with a hammer.

Thanks,

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
To help restaurants, as part of the "stimulus package", everyone must order