Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Random Bit Generator

John Larkin wrote:

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:53:55 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I'd like to conjure up a random bit generator.

Just feed it a clock and have it generate random bits.

74HC... components preferred... I have most everything in that family
in my parts bin ;-)

XOR some of Sloman's messages. ;-)

Those aren't very random. He keeps saying the same stuff, over and
over.

If you XOR enough of them, the typos add up into a random mess.

enough left over to pay them.