Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default "Heatballs" - Their time has come

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Oct 22, 11:04 pm, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:02:07 -0400, "Robert Green"

wrote:
"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message

stuff snipped

You can probably guess when someone was born by whether they
recognize certain TV shows from their youth. I come from the
"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea/Disney/Bonanza/The FBI" Sunday
night TV generation. I can't quite place any other shows to a
particular day but those shows seem to stick in my mind as family
TV night shows. I think "The Man from Uncle" would have been
Thursdays. Now think of how meaningless the above is for someone
born in 1990. (-: We're getting old and in the way, but only the
good die young.

stuff snipped

We must be about the same age. :-)

Have you ever noticed how few younguns there are around here? I wonder if
it means that the new generation isn't interested in home repair.

Most of the younuns aren't interested in anything but ipods, video
games, and skate-boards, gettin' high or gettin' laid. The only "fix"
they have in their lexicon is the one that makes them (or their
friends) high.

You know, there's a number of items in your list that many of us
"olduns" are still interested in.

Yes. I have a load of cheapo MP3 players that I find useful for sitting
around waiting in doctor's offices, etc. Arthritis in both hands (probably
FROM video game playing) has ended my interest in video games (aside from
the fact most of the new ones don't seem to want to play on 400MHz PC's that
I use (keeps the young ones from even asking!). (-: We're not too keen on
roller anything around here since my wife, in a moment of trying to
recapture her youth, took up roller blading until some idiot nearly killed
her doing 50+ in a 25mph zone and caused her to slam her shoulder against a
curb. Three operations later and her rotator cuff is still giving her
trouble. Getting high? Not so much these days. Getting laid? Not so much
these days. (-"

--
Bobby G.