Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default "Heatballs" - Their time has come

wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:02:07 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message

stuff snipped

You can probably guess when someone was born by whether they
recognize certain TV shows from their youth. I come from the
"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea/Disney/Bonanza/The FBI" Sunday
night TV generation. I can't quite place any other shows to a
particular day but those shows seem to stick in my mind as family
TV night shows. I think "The Man from Uncle" would have been
Thursdays. Now think of how meaningless the above is for someone
born in 1990. (-: We're getting old and in the way, but only the
good die young.

stuff snipped

We must be about the same age. :-)

Have you ever noticed how few younguns there are around here? I wonder

if
it means that the new generation isn't interested in home repair.

Most of the younuns aren't interested in anything but ipods, video
games, and skate-boards, gettin' high or gettin' laid. The only "fix"
they have in their lexicon is the one that makes them (or their
friends) high.

Well, that's sure a lot of them. But my neighbor's kid is redoing his house
and is doing a great job considering he never had a father to teach him (ran
off just after he was born). He's got a family, kids and is determined
never to be the kind of father he didn't have. So far, so good. Went to
ITT, got into the electrician's union and works two jobs to make sure his
family is taken care of. His sister, however, has kids by three different
fathers (all have run off) and has been in and out of jail on crack charges
and breaks her mother's heart. Just goes to show the variation in
offspring.

--
Bobby G.