Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Draining a Water Heater.

On Oct 23, 5:42*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
in2dadark wrote:
One house I own, the water heater drains just fine. Put a hose on the
outlet on the bottom and turn it on. The house is on a lot that is on
a slope, so the gravity helps. But my other house in Florida is
another story. I can't get the WH to drain. What am I doing wrong?

Does the drain work under pressure? If not, the valve is probably plugged with
crud. You could try getting an adapter to hook a male hose end to the valve, and
turn on the hose water to reverse flush the valve, with the water to the heater
turned off, and a hot water valve open.

if the heater is older your probably best off top let it be.

go messing around changing valves may cause your elderly heater to
start leaking.

when it gets replaced toss the regular drain valve, and install a
brass ball valve, for easier draining