Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Draining a Water Heater.

in2dadark wrote:
One house I own, the water heater drains just fine. Put a hose on the
outlet on the bottom and turn it on. The house is on a lot that is on
a slope, so the gravity helps. But my other house in Florida is
another story. I can't get the WH to drain. What am I doing wrong?

Does the drain work under pressure? If not, the valve is probably plugged with
crud. You could try getting an adapter to hook a male hose end to the valve, and
turn on the hose water to reverse flush the valve, with the water to the heater
turned off, and a hot water valve open.