Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Alex is offline

Default Fire Ants coming into new house from under foundation - any solutions?

An update on our ant problem for anyone following this or running into
a similar problem.

The bug guy came by this morning and we removed the side of the garden
tub in our master bath, and as we thought/hoped there was a THICK and
fast moving line of fire ants coming from the sand trap into the
walls, probably about 1/2 inch wide.. Crazy!!!! The bug guy used
Termidor foam and layered under the tub and shower (which is next to
tub) then he poked a small hole in the baseboard of a close behind the
front bathroom tub and sprayed in there as well. This morning we
found ants coming from the pipes in the laundry room, so he did a
small hole behind the washer and put Termidor in there as well.

With this plus his dusting behind the bathroom and kitchen sinks
during his last visit I really hope that nips the problem. I'm just
glad we found where the were coming from because if we would've
cracked open the tub and found nothing I'm not sure what we would've
done. This has been a stressful ride, but I hope it's about over.
The bug guy said we'll see some ants but as the Termidor breaks them
down from the inside-out they shouldn't act right -- which I just
found an ant walking in circles and twitching in the laundry room so
that's good.

Anyway, hopefully our ant saga is about done. Take care --

Sam Alex