Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Weisgram[_2_] Jim Weisgram[_2_] is offline

Default grr-ripper opinions

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 00:48:00 GMT, Four Fingers wrote:

Saw the grr-ripper plastic pusher / holder at a show. Lee valley also has
it.
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...240,45884&ap=1

Opinions?

I guess my opinion is somewhere in between the rest. My opinion is
this is a good safety accessory for a pretty high price.

You can make suitable safety accessories yourself for little cost and
some time, or you can purchase them. Your choice. If you decide to
purchase, the Grr-ripper is the best I've seen.

I made my own before the Grr-ripper became available, and I am
satisfied I am operating safely. If I had to choose today, I'd do the
same, thinking my time is hobby time and making my own is worth it
because I enjoy doing it.

Others feel their time is more valuably spent on more "productive"
work. Which I believe is reasonable point of view as well. Just not
for me.