Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT Dish Network

"JR North" wrote in message
Prolly spiked the receiver. Do you have surge clamps on the system?
I know it's the principle with you, but you're investing considerable
negative energy in a nickel and dime problem. Is it really worth it?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

I have one of the surge protection multiple outlet things that is supposed
to protect electronics, cable, and phone lines from surges.

I know it's not that big of a deal but if a company wants to keep customers
they should not keep charging you after you asked for them to close your
account. It isn't enough $$$ to be worth going to court over but it isn't
right that I asked for the service to be stopped and they don't do it and
charge me for it. I'm not sure what they could do if I didn't pay, I don't
have anything to prove I did call them though they probably have it on their
records. What possible excuse could they have to keep charging me for
service after I told them my receiver wasn't working?

During the chat the rep asked me when I would like the service stopped, I
told him I wanted it stopped a month ago when I called and asked for it to
be stopped.

RogerN