Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT Dish Network

When I started my Dish Network service a couple years ago, I paid the extra
fee for the equipment ($49.95) instead of being obligated to continue
service for a year.

A few months ago my Dish Network receiver broke, push the button and the
power light wouldn't come on. Didn't see a fuse on the back and didn't want
to take it apart.

Before the next bill was due I called Dish Network and they offered that I
could pay for equipment protection plans, etc and get the receiver replaced,
on an on, any option they offered had a significant cost. I wasn't
interested in increasing my monthly bill or paying much for a receiver
because I could switch to DirecTV and get free installation.

After that I told them that I wanted to cancel my Dish Network service, they
said something about they would leave it activated for a few days in case I
changed my mind. I figure it was so they wouldn't have to refund my partial
month. Then recently I get a bill from them for last months service and the
next months service. I couldn't tell that they didn't shut off my service
because my receiver doesn't work.

Anyway, after I contacted them for online chat, they offered to send me a
replacement receiver for free. I asked them why they didn't make that offer
when I called them, they didn't have an answer. Anyway but this time they
had me aggravated enough with them that I told them I wasn't interested, I
already was being charged for 2 months service I didn't get.

Now they are sending me a box to send the broken receiver back to them, I
have to pay $15 to ship it plus for the last month of service because they
didn't shut off my service the last time I asked them. When I went from
DirecTV to Dish Network I never had to send my equipment back to them, is it
true that my equipment, that I paid $49 for, is leased and I have to return
it? I don't feel I should pay for the last month of service because I
called when my balance due was $0.00 and told them I wanted to cancel the
service, now they want me to pay because they didn't cancel my service when
I asked.

RogerN