Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any additional tips/suggestions/hints for dispensing gasoline from 30-55 gallon drum at home?

You mention pickup truck. Some contractors have a fuel tank that fits
in the bed of the truck.
http://www.google.com/products?q=fue...fuel+tank+for+

That could allow you to carry some fuel on the back, and to fill your
wife's car. At the loss of some bed space of course.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Harold Lathom" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:14:49 -0700, hr(bob) wrote:
How do you plan on filling this home-based tank?

That IS a problem. Perhaps the biggest problem of all.

I am hoping there is someone who delivers the gasoline, just like they
deliver propane to my house from a propane truck.

If they don't deliver 55-gallon quantities, then the only other
feasible
idea I can think of is to fill it (tediously) from 5-gallon or
10-gallon
portable gasoline containers in the back of my pickup.

If I get a smaller tank (say 30 gallons), I would guess I can lift it
by
hand off the pickup bed, but, I'm not young and my back isn't good and
don't have anything like a forklift. I guess I could build a ramp and
roll the drum down with a dolly but if it's 350 pounds, I really don't
want to do that every few weeks.

Basically, I was hoping YOU guys could advise me on my options for
FILLING the drum.