Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default "Heatballs" - Their time has come

DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Oct 22, 11:04*pm, wrote:
wrote:

-sip-

Have you ever noticed how few younguns there are around here? *I wonder if
it means that the new generation isn't interested in home repair.

*Most of the younuns aren't interested in anything but ipods, video
games, and skate-boards, gettin' high or gettin' laid. The only "fix"
they have in their lexicon is the one that makes them (or their
friends) high.

You know, there's a number of items in your list that many of us
"olduns" are still interested in.

I like my 'skateboards' with bucket seats, have a Sansa Fuze instead
of an ipod, do Usenet for my 'video fix', like to sip a good bourbon
in the evening, and still enjoy 'gettin' laid'-- so with adjustments
for a thing or two, I guess I'm a young 'un.

My thought is that younger folks are the exception here because;
1. it's Usenet fer god's sake!
2. youngsters are more likely to rent than buy
3. those who buy are
a. hiring somebody to do their repairs
b. are too damn smart to wade through all the off topic crap here
for the occasional nugget.

OTOH-- I do recall a few pretty smart 'young 'uns' dropping by over
the years. And by smart I mean that they knew how to ask a question
and 'work the room' for the most information out there.

Jim