Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Any additional tips/suggestions/hints for dispensing gasoline from 30-55 gallon drum at home?

Harold Lathom wrote:

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:32:30 -0400, aemeijers wrote:
OP said he may use 2-3 barrels ( 165 gallons) a year.

I don't remember saying that but maybe I intimated it by accident
somehow; but I'm sure it will be (way) more than that.

The family has three cars, each of which has about an 18-gallon tank
which gets filled about once every two weeks on average. So, that's 54
gallons twice a month (or so).

Call your local code enforcement people & fired department to see if
you can store a gas barrel on residential property. [in my neck of the
woods the limit is 20 gallons or so beyond what is in your car- and
that has to be in 5 gallon containers] Give your insurance company
a call, too. If they are looking for an excuse to drop you, it
seems like a gas barrel should work as well as anything.

Then call the people who will be delivering it. No way can you come
out ahead carting it around in even 30 gallon bbls. Spillage & PITA
will negate any benefit of gas on hand.

Jim