Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default make your own I/O cables

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:17:12 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

Being a former engineer for the company that used more flat cable than
anyone else in the world that we knew of. System Industries and we were the
largest 2nd source for disk subsystems for DEC. You can install the IDC
connector with a vise. Just be careful that the cable is lined up
correctly. Some of the connectors with the metal end tabs were a little
easier to line up.

When Junior was prettying up his computer with custom made cables, I
came up with two lexan plates hinged together with separable hinges
complete with squaring guide lines so that he could get everything
lined up to perfection then give it a good squeeze with large channel
lock pliers.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada