Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Alex is offline

Default Fire Ants coming into new house from under foundation - any solutions?

On Oct 22, 8:46*am, "
wrote:
I don't know how builder warrantees work, but I would sure take
photographs and document dates carefully. *Wouldn't hurt to write a NICE
business-like letter to the builder, certified mail, and state the
issues clearly. *Mention fireantsand newborn baby living in your home.
* Is your pest control person licensed, insured and good rep? *Certainly
the county extension service must have LOTS of experience and
information about fireants- in Texas, they are a major problem for
livestock.

I'll have a camera on hand when we remove the cover from the tub, so
everything will be documented... but more so to show others who might
be facing this problem what we've gone through. This has been the
most frustrating thing I've had to face in a long time.

As for contacting the county extension service, what services can they
offer? I visited the website for our local office, but I wasn't sure
what to ask if i contact them other then asking for general advice to
see if we're on the right track.