Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default OT Electricity Generation

On 22 Oct, 10:10, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 01:04:58 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:
I've been considering it myself. *By gov. edict you get £0.53/unit
even if you use it yourself plus there is more money for what you
export plus what you save.

Highest FITs rate for PV is 41.3p/unit for retrofit systems up to
4kW. If you actually manage to generate more than you use then you
get an extra few pence. I guess you are arriving at 53p/unit by
adding in what you are not spending on imported powe?

How ever a 2kW rated PV installation only manages about 300W over a
year, load factor of about 15%. Check the figures from a real
installation that are online somewhere, the URL was posted recently.

--
Cheers
Dave.

There is a number which is 700 for this country. It indicates the
number of Kwh per year for every Kw (peak) of installed PV panels. So
a 2Kw panel would generate 1400 Kwh annually. For California it's
1000.
Obviously this is an average, depending on weather and locality.