Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting a notch in the bottom plate

On Oct 22, 7:50*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
aemeijers wrote:

-snip-

yepper. This is a perfect application for the crap chisel and 2-lb
hammer from HF. Growing up, every electrician/plumber I knew kept a crap
1.5" chisel with a fold of tape over the end in his tool box. *

My crap chisel is made from an old coarse file I found buried in the
mud one day. * *It takes a good edge on a grinding wheel & if I find a
hardened nail that chips it, I just grind it shorter.

Jim

Been there done this. Use a sawsall and throw the blade away when
you're done. I buy packs of the el cheapo wood blades for my sawsall
so I can toss one if I need to cut something that is going to trash
it. Like wood with nails, tree root in the dirt, wood next to
concrete or block.