Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default OT Electricity Generation

drugs began to take hold. I remember David Hansen
saying something like:

Certainly Scottish Hydro Electric has a number of sub 5 MW
turbines in remote areas. I don't suppose they are connected by
anything more beefy than a small 11 kV line of the sort which also
feeds a few farms.

It's a delight to bimble along some N.of Scotland back roads and find a
small hydro installation. Most of the ones I've found look as though
they date back to the 30s, 40s or 50s. I suppose many of them were put
in for local estate and village use, either privately or part of the
NoSHB rural electrification project.