Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Concrete on top of concrete?

"Una" wrote in message ...
wrote:
And 3/8 inch is acceptable under the Americans with
Disabilities Act.

They're saying don't do this because so thin a slice of cement is going
to cure weak and thus will be likely to crumble.

I too would lift off the square, cut out the already severed root, and
reset the square.

Una

How big a square we talking about here? That stuff is pretty heavy, even
the small ones. Unless you have a bunch of strong sons, a lift, or
something to do it with, doing it that way is not going to be easy. And
then, how are you going to get the square to lay level without settling, and
giving you a trip hazard? One way might be to dig out, pour some fresh
cement in, and lay the square on top, and tamp down, but it would have to be
figured perfectly for it to come out flush, and like I said, it would take
some manpower or mechanical means. By that time, one could mix up some
concrete and be done. I can do four 80# sacks of premix in my machine at
one time, and take less than ten minutes to reload and pour another four
sacks.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.