Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Concrete on top of concrete?

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 06:30:00 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

On Oct 21, 9:18*am, "
wrote:
Thanks for the replies. *Keem them coming. *It's nice to have a USENET
group that is not only a community, but that hasn't been taken over by
spam.
I forgot a step: brush with something like a broom to give it the same
rough texture as the rest of the sidewalk and more grip.
The Sand/Topping Mix is specifically made to go down to 3/8 inch
without chipping; especially so, in that I don't live in a freeze/thaw
zone. *And 3/8 inch is acceptable under the Americans with
Disabilities Act.

You received five negatives and one positive, so of course you ignore
the negatives. Good on you!

And just in case the 6th 'No!' is the charm, I'll repeat what the
others have said. Don't waste your time trying to patch. Remove
the root & re-pour that section.

I'll bet all of the folks who are saying 'don't patch' have either
BTDT, or had to re-do someone else's 'easy way out'.

Why ask here if you're going to ignore all the experience represented
here?

Jim