Sparks

Default Earthing

Ello ;-)

I have an earth supplied by the power company - There is an earth wire that
appears out of the bottom of the main power companies fuse where the main
cable comes in.

This is then connected to a black box, sealed with an electric company seal
It then proceeds into my consumer unit - pretty straight forward
From a google search, I gather this is a TN-S system
All fine and dandy

(See the first picture here
http://www2.tsbcs.co.uk/electrics/electrics.htm )

I have nearly added a generator transfer switch to the equation.
(You can see it on the page above, all that is currently connected is a
cable from the mains in terminals to an isolator
I am planning of removing the meter tails from the CU, and shoving them into
the bottom of this isolator (after the power company has come out to remove
their fuse!)

I am a tad confused with the earthing requirements for this...

The instructions with this switch state I need a TT system. where the earth
spike is connected at the generator end.

Also in the transfer switch, the neutral from the generator is connected to
earth

Do I simply bang an earhting rod in the ground next to the generator, and
connect it to the generator's earthing point, then connect this earth to the
CU, so I then have two earth's, one provided by the electricity company, and
one provided by me?

Some advise would be greatly appreciated!

Sparks...