Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Cutting a notch in the bottom plate

On Oct 20, 9:52*pm, "Colbyt" wrote:
"MiamiCuse" wrote in message

I need to notch the bottom plate (pressure treated 2x4) that is sitting on
a concrete slab. *I can't use a recipricating saw because of the concrete
slab below.

Can I use a 4" grinder to cut the notch? *I have a diamond blade (for
concrete) and a metal blade but no wood grinder blade. *Can I use the
diamond blade to cut the PT wood or will it "burn" and ruin the blade?

I guess the perfect tool would be one of those vibrating multi-cutter but
I don't want to buy a tool just to make one notch.

Ideas?

You have a couple of answers; how I do not know because I am still trying to
figure out what type of notch, for what and where.

I am sure it can be done. *I may even have a suggestion with a little more
information.

That's been my suggestion to him for quite some time now...more
information - please!
Sometimes it's like pulling teeth...