Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT Electricity Generation

On 20/10/2010 14:09, tim.... wrote:
"Nightjar"cpb"@""insertmysurnamehere wrote in message

Cost effectivness is. None of the renewables can match the generating cost
of conventional or nuclear power and, if you do a whole life study, when
nuclear still wins out on cost,

How can you (or anybody) possibly make this claim when we STILL don't know
how much it will cost to get rid of the waste material we have already
stored, let alone that which we have yet to generate.

We don't *know* the prices of anything in the future, but we can make
informed estimates and for nuclear energy, the best estimate is that
waste disposal will add 5% to the cost of generation.

Colin Bignell