Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Randy Randy is offline

Default Wiring photoelectric sensor to 14/2 uf cable ??? How to ??

I have two related questions.... Inside the box in which I will put the
sensor, there is a ground screw. So, instead of putting all grounds
together with a wire nut, should they instead go to this ground screw ?

As above with all bare/green wires together with a 6" pigtail from the
group wirenut to the green screw on the box. Make your pigtail from
a green wire or strip a 6" peice of white or black bare and use it.

There are special geen wire nuts you can use that have a hole in the
top, leave one wire 6" long, let it stick out the hole in the top of
the wire nut and run it to the ground screw.

Randy

I would be using a plastic box outside. 8-)

TDD

See the top quoted paragraph. You had mentioned a box with a ground
screw. Plastic boxes do not get grounded. Although somewhere in
this counrty there is more than likely a wing nut inspector who
requires it.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.