Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Chapman Roger Chapman is offline

Default OT Electricity Generation

On 20/10/2010 08:37, David Hansen wrote:
On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:26:59 +0100 someone who may be Roger Chapman
wrote this:-

Oh yes and why should I pick on 'dukes' as the significant element in
the first place?

That is the name the publication is usually known as. Sorry if I
credited you with more knowledge of the basic sources of information
about electricity systems in the UK.

This from the man who is forever complaining about insults when someone
points out his undoubted lack of intelligence!

http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/statistics/publications/dukes/
is the URL I gave, there is a clue at the end of that.

You make a reference to wind and then cite a reference that doesn't give
the average load factors for wind.

Still digging I see. This will be my last comment on this
sub-thread, but if you wish to dig further so be it.

You mean you are still trying to weasel your way out of a hole you dug
for yourself.

I was explaining how it is likely that hydro equivalent households
are calculated, by pointing to how they are done for wind. There was
no reason for me to provide a link to wind load factors, they are
noting to do with hydro, I provided a link to hydro load factors.

And my comment was on the uninformative nature of the load factor
information - viz:

""(3) Wind load factors can be found in Table 7.4."

Very informative as table 7.4 is securely hidden elsewhere."

Which you chose to dispute. No use now trying to move the goalposts.