Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Thanks to group: car starter info

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:38:15 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I spent six hours today. Drove to a store, in the next city over.
Ladder the building. Go diagnose. Come down. Talk with the store
people. Go out back and find the problem.

National Grid had not yet turned on the gas valve at the meter. No
natural gas. Like your 8 hours for a hammer whack. Lot of road time.

You're wise to replace that starter ASAP. I hope you got gas money,
and a good quality dinner for your troubles.

Probly took it out in trade
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

note that if you want to save $$, you can buy brushes and a solenoid alone
and just change them - the rest of the starter motor rarely fails -
depending on the cost of a rebuilt this may (or may not) make sense - for a
$50 rebuilt you don't save enough to be worth the risk that there is more
wrong, for a $350 rebuilt it's worth it.