Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default Thanks to group: car starter info

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:16:02 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Pete Keillor wrote:
down at my brother's 4 hrs. away ...
Battery o.k., terminals clean. OK, crawled under and whacked starter
with hammer. Started right up. ...

Glad to hear you got it started, but you drove 8 hrs to whack it with a
hammer? Surely there was somebody there who could have done that! G

Bob

Naw, my wife's car is a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. We left it down there
when my back went out after a week of fishing. We brought back the
perishables, clothes, and ice chest full of fish in my car 'cause it
holds more. Mine only has 197,000 miles on it. This is the first
starter trouble, so I'm not complaining.