Posted to alt.home.repair
LSMFT LSMFT is offline

Default Programmable thermostat?

harry wrote:
On Oct 19, 3:22 pm, wrote:
Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 08:18:48 -0400, wrote:

I want to have my circulator come on for 3 minutes and off for 15
minutes as long as the thermostat is calling for heat. Will a
programmable thermostat do this?

I would say no. All the thermostat does is call for heat.

You could put a timer on the circulator-- but I doubt that is a good
idea. Why do you want to do this?

I suspect the current setup allows for the most efficient use of
power-- your proposition totally ignores how hot the water is. It
seems to me that water temp is of utmost importance.

Jim

It's a wood boiler and I do it that way manually now and it works great.
The problem is that when the fire goes down the circulator runs all the
time unless I shut it off.

--
LSMFT

Simple job, assist the assistant of the physicist.- Hide quoted text -

Is there no thermostat on the boiler to control air flow? That would
be normal.

Why would there be air flow in a boiler? There is water flow.

--
LSMFT