Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Electricity Generation

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:26:27 +0100, David Hansen wrote:

I reckon I^2R losses would be starting to kick in so you'd need to

put
in a 33kV rather than a link to the nearest 11kV line and local

upgrade
of that.

What is the distance?

I should think less than 3km to the nearest 11kV.

However, the comparison is not exact. The line exists already, it
was formerly used to supply the mine.

This nearest line would be a small capacity one for the few scattered
farms right at the top end of Teesdale. I don't know where the
sub-station feeding this distribution is located. It may well be
Barnard Castle but possibly Middleton-in-Teesdale, that would be 15km
or so away.

--
Cheers
Dave.