Puff Griffis

Default What can you with a lathe?

Because of this irritating thread I went out and bought the cheapest =
lathe that HF had. It was the $129 old model but I got if for $79 since =
it is discontinued. Anyway so I set it up and having never used a lathe =
before I actually read the 3 pages of instructions and off I went. I now =
have 7 honey dippers a candle holder and a dice cup. What a hoot.
Puff

"NoNameAtAll" wrote in message =
Way back in middle school the lathe was one of my favorite tools in =

shop class.
I'd love to own one, but I'm having a difficult time convncing my wife =

that I
need it. We just made candle holders in shop class, and while I'm sure =

it's
great for things like table legs, lamps, and baseball bats I have to =

concede
that I really can't think of any practical uses for it since I don't =

have any
need to make any of those things. Actually making a homemade baseball =

bat would
be kind of neat but it's tough to justify buying a lathe just for =

that. If you
can help me convince my wife (and myself for that matter) of the =

usefulness of
a lathe I'll be eternally grateful.