Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Programmable thermostat?

LSMFT wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 08:18:48 -0400, wrote:

I want to have my circulator come on for 3 minutes and off for 15
minutes as long as the thermostat is calling for heat. Will a
programmable thermostat do this?

-snip-

It's a wood boiler and I do it that way manually now and it works great.
The problem is that when the fire goes down the circulator runs all the
time unless I shut it off.

I'd be leaning towards a thermostat on the boiler that circulated
whenever the water was above 'nn' degrees. With nn= As cool as it
can get and still feel warm as it re-enters the boiler.

But then I've never played with a boiler- so I might be all wet.,g

Jim