Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Timer

On 10/19/2010 5:44 AM Art Todesco spake thus:

On 10/18/2010 8:08 PM, LSMFT wrote:

I'm trying to find a timer to do what I want. Descriptions on the
internet are sadly inadaquate. I want a timer that if it has input,
say from a thermostat, to come on for a set time (2 to 5 minutes)
and cut off. And I want it to do this every 15 minutes to 2 hours.
What kind of timer do I need. I don't mind wiring an octal socket
it they come that way.

If you're into building it yourself, here's a link to a schematic:
http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Circuits/Timing/ivt.htm

Wouldn't that be accomplished just as well and much more simply with a
single 555 timer?