Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default OT Electricity Generation

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:39:35 +0100 someone who may be Roger Chapman
wrote this:-

All very well if you already have the original link but tedious in the
extreme trying to get from chapter 5 to chapter 7 or indeed any other
chapter.

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&biw=1024&bih=587&q=dukes+energy&aq=f&aqi=g4 &aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=ccd8ecc3630e400c
works for me. It is how I found the figures I linked to.

But that doesn't absolve you from providing a misleading cite by quoting
a table that doesn't actually give load factors for wind

You would do better if you stopped digging. There was nothing
misleading in my reference.

schemes [1] I gave a link for how they are calculated for wind and
then typed, "I imagine the same approach is taken for other forms of
generation. Average load factors are given in Table 5.10 of
[DUKES]".

Sure enough if one looks at table 5.10 one sees the figures for
hydro and pumped storage. From that one could work back from the
annual household equivalent to the possible plant capacity, which
was the point being discussed. I haven't bothered to do the
calculation myself to see how close to "400 to 600kW" it is. For all
I know "400 to 600kW" could be spot on.

[1] an assertion which used the wrong unit.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54