Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default OT Electricity Generation

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:18:21 +0100 someone who may be John Rumm
wrote this:-

I would have thought that taking advantage of reservoir flood control
let down would be a fairly small scale scheme. It could certainly be
attractive for people owning former mill houses by a river etc.

It would certainly be attractive for small enough schemes, someone
has provided a figure for the maximum size.

Jo consumer paid £9 a year on the average electricity bill a few
years ago for the Renewables Obligation.

I was under the impression they (we) pay for it every year one way or
another, not just a one off payment.

Indeed. It is now higher than a few years ago too. However, even if
it has now risen to double that still isn't a large amount of money
to help encourage renewables..

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54