Frankie

Default Can I cut cultured marble?

The pros that installed my cultured marble shower stall used a sabre saw
with abrasive blade to cut the hole for the wall-mounted soap dish, adn for
trimming end pieces. I kept all the scraps form that job and have cut
several pieces with an abrasive crcular saw blade. No problem, just lots of
dust.

"Tom" wrote in message
Forget the router. I have cut cultured marble with a sabre saw blade
that has carbide granules welded to the cutting edge. I am not sure if
they still make them. An abrasive blade in a skilsaw will make straight
cuts.

Mule-Tracks
One for the nail and two for the board.

Jon Wood wrote:
I have an old vanity top left over from my bathroom remodeling project.

The
top has the sink built in and it is made of cultured marble. Can I cut

out
the sink into a new oval shape and reuse it? I have a few non-carbide
router bits that I would be willing to use (sacrifice). But I was

wondering
if anyone else has tried this.
Thanks for the help.
--Jon