Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey[_2_] Terry Casey[_2_] is offline

Default OT Electricity Generation

In article , lid says...

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 18 Oct, 17:20, harry wrote:

We have the world's best site for tidal power, ie the Severn estuary.

No-one has really discussed the Severn estuary for tidal power.

Yes they have, and the implications or everyone who uses uit are staggering.

Why not simply dam the Thames and flood London instead?

The 'dam' - The Thames Barrier - is already there!

I can't understand why they can't build a couple of locks there for
river traffic, close all the other gates permanently, and turn it into a
tidal hydro system ...

That way we could drown all the people who need the power in the first
place, thus killing tow bird with one stone?

.... except, of course, that the 'dam' was built for exactly the opposite
reason ...!
--

Terry