Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Electricity Generation

TMC wrote:

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "TMC" saying
something like:

Why does no one mention HEP as a renewable source of energy any more?

****ing NIMBYs and eco-conservationist ******s, that's why.

Some interesting responses and have done a bit of googling.
There are more pumped storage schemes than I realised already in operation

Regarding NIMBYs and eco-conservationist I would ban them from using
electricity unless they were prepared to be affected by its generation

I would bam all windmill wavers from using any electricity BUT that
generated by their windmills, and paying the true cost of it. And
suffering all the blackouts.

Bunch of friggin townies.

Possibly the way to go would be lots of small scale mill type schemes
which should be reasonably productive in the Mill towns of the north and
big rivers in the south.

There speaks a total tosser who hasn't even done a single sum regarding
windpower ever.

Just swallowed all the hype along with his museli.

Windpower doesn't work. It never has and it never will. It is the
greatest mistake the politicians have made in terms of energy
infrastructure ever.