Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lawn tractor - stubborn reversing gear

On Oct 18, 4:12*pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:47:09 -0700, Oren wrote:
How about low fluid levels in the gearbox/transmission?

Yes, no problem in the diff (which is where the reversing gear is). I've
actually got two diffs - on one, there was some visible wear on the
reversing gear, so I swapped with the other one. That seemed better for a
few weeks - until my main drive belt wore out, which makes me think it
may have just been coincidence / wishful thinking, and it was the belt
starting to give out which was making it better (again perhaps hinting at
a drivetrain tension issue)

cheers

Jules

i had the cant shift problem, traced to rusty shafts where they
entered the transmission, so i flloded the area with oil and all was
well.....