Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Weird toggle switch

On Oct 18, 2:43*pm, "chaniarts" wrote:
Bob-tx wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"chaniarts" wrote:

i once (back in the days of dumb crt terminals) cracked the case
open, turned the crt display tube upside down, closed it up, and
placed it back on
a cow-orkers desk.

No you didn't. You heard about people rotating the yoke to turn the
pic upside down, and you co-opted the story but actually don't know
anything about CRTs.

No you didn't. *The wires on a yoke would not permit rotating the
yoke 180 degrees.
Upside down pic easily accomplished by swapping the vertical winding
wires. Also
make pic backwards by swapping the horizontal winding wires.

Bob-tx

it's simply amazing the number of internet people who were there looking
over my shoulder saying that i didn't do what i actually did some 20 years
ago.

there was (just) enough slack in all the wires to do this. i must have 25 of
these terminals on racks down the hall, if any of you experts would like to
come see how to do this.- Hide quoted text -

You didn't do it!

Even if you showed us how you did it by doing it again on the exact
same model monitor, you still didn't do it.

We've made up our minds - don't try to convince us by using facts,
details or even live demonstrations.

So there.