Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Motor Reversing

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 23:41:18 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 21:29:05 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I heartily disagree. The only solid ever thrown up at a brake
caliper in any quantity is water, and that runs right off. Sawdust
would tend to stick, especially in the inverted configuration it
would have on a table saw. 'Twould be especially bad with folks who
"do Jummywood."

Go ahead and prove me wrong, Mike. Mount one and see. I double dare
ya!

I'm a sucker for a dare. Damnit... I agree the sawdust would
stick, but I don't think that would be a real problem. It would be
worn off the braking surface rather easily.

Just in time for a sawdust fire! Oops.

You arse - now you're changing the direction of this thread. We'll have to
labor through fire hazards, fire extinuishers, and smoke detectors now....

....Regulators, insurances, etc...

Life's a bitch and then you die, so go suffer quietly among the
madding crowd, Mikey. _I'm_ otherwise occupied.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.